Von Tanis Helliwell
“You can discover more about a person in a day of play than in a year of conversation.” Plato
Attitudes that Defeat Joy
When we are serious, stressed out and fearful our life is filled with misery. We cannot enjoy our family, friends and work. We compare our lives to that of others and find ours lacking. We sink into melancholy and depression. Sound familiar?
In this depressed state we repeat old patterns at life and work and are reluctant to try anything new. We feel threatened by changes in our environment and jealous of others who are enjoying themselves. Even previous successes feel stale in our mouth, although we try to cling to them to assure ourselves that we are doing a good job.
Six Ways to Rekindle Joy
1. Approach every situation you face with the spirit of adventure. As Helen Keller, born deaf and blind, said, “Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing.” Bring this attitude into your life and work and you will find that you open yourself to learn and grow through every situation you encounter.
2. Enjoy yourself like children do. Children have a way of interacting with others and their environment that is totally fresh as if seen for the very first time. This same quality of joyful engagement is also found in enlightened beings such as his holiness the Dalai Lama. You can encourage your own inner child by being spontaneous, and lighthearted.
3. Bring play into your work. This can be done is so many ways. In my office one of the staff members continually refers to others by affectionate nicknames such as pumpkin or cupcake. No-one takes offence and it sets a tone of informal affection. In addition, her notes to others are accompanied by little drawings and lots of colours, just like a kid with a drawing pad. They are always interesting to read.
4. Pamper yourself. Give yourself and other staff members flowers every week. Also, take time to enjoy each other’s company by going for a drink together every few weeks or once a month or by eating together after your staff meeting. Building relationships with coworkers by informal get-togethers is essential for good working relationships.
5. Inspire yourself and others. Put pictures around the office of what the staff have accomplished together. Hang up slogans and quotes that uplift you and others. You can also circulate little jokes or stories by email weekly that have a positive message.
6. Work a healthy amount of hours. This can vary between individuals but this is seldom more than forty hours per week. Occasionally it might be necessary to work overtime but if we do this we need to be sure to take a break the next week to reclaim our equilibrium.
Tanis Helliwell, als eine Mystikerin in der modernen Welt, bringt seit über 30 Jahren spirituelles Bewusstsein in die Mainstream-Gesellschaft. Seit ihrer Kindheit sieht und hört sie in höheren Dimensionen Elementarwesen, Engel und Meisterlehrer. Tanis ist die Gründerin des International Institute for Transformation (IIT), das Programme anbietet, um Menschen darin zu unterstützen, zu bewussten Schöpferinnen und Schöpfern zu werden, die in der Lage sind, mit den unsere Welt regierenden geistigen Gesetzen zu arbeiten.
Tanis ist die Autorin von Die Hohen Wesen von Hawaii, Elfensommer, Elfenreise, Umarmt von der Liebe, Mit der Seele arbeiten, Nicht ganz von dieser Welt,
als auch in Erkenne deine Bestimmung.
Für Informationen über Tanis' Kurse: hier klicken.